Bukele says El Salvador will begin buying one bitcoin per day
As it turns out, the first nation to adopt Bitcoin as a legal tender hasn’t changed its mind.
As of tomorrow, El Salvador will resume its BTC buying spree, the president announced on Twitter.
Justin Sun of Tron quickly responded, saying the same would happen with his own blockchain project.
- El Salvador seems determined to continue using its pro-bitcoin strategy even though 2022 has been a difficult year for cryptocurrencies. Many inside and outside factors have pushed prices and sentiment south.
- According to Nayib Bukele, the country will begin purchasing one bitcoin per day tomorrow after adopting BTC as a legal tender one year ago.
- There are 2,381 Bitcoins accumulated by the small Central American country so far. In the past year or so, El Salvador has lost a lot of money on its investment, at least on paper.
- Rumors suggested that the country held its BTC on the fallen crypto exchange during the ongoing FTX saga.
- The reports were, however, refuted by Bukele shortly after in a conversation with Changpeng Zhao, CEO of Binance.
- Justin Sun quickly “echoed” Bukele’s promise from today, saying, “we will also buy one bitcoin every day starting tomorrow.”
Use this link to sign up and start trading with 0.20% trading fees at Bitdenex Exchange.